Chuck joined the firm in January 2020. A native of Greensboro, North Carolina, Chuck has lived in Raleigh since 1982. Before joining the firm, Chuck practiced for 12 years in a solo practice, and practiced for 25 years prior to that with another Raleigh law firm.
Chuck is admitted to practice law in the State of North Carolina, and in the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States Court of Federal Claims, and the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina.
- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, 1982, with honors; MBA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1982, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society; BA, Economics and History, Duke University, 1978, magna cum laude
- During law school: student research assistant for the Committee on Pattern Jury Instructions for the North Carolina Conference of Superior Court Judges
- Member of the American Bar Association, the North Carolina Bar Association, and the Wake County Bar Association
- President of Sharefish, Inc. (a tax-exempt non-profit organization working to improve educational opportunities in an impoverished community in southern Honduras)
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors and current volunteer, Urban Ministries of Wake County
- Member and Former Church Moderator and Chairman of the Board of Deacons, First Baptist Church of Raleigh